SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
CRICOS CODE: 094456A
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of the industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage, and gaming.
NOTE: Total fee that a student has to pay typically includes tuition and non-tuition fees. All applicable fees will be advised in writing, and agreed to, prior to enrolment. A current Fee Schedule is also provided on this website.
Tuition fees once agreed will not change for the duration of the course. Some of the fees (e.g. the Enrolment Fee above) may not be refundable. Refer to our Fee Refund Policy for information on refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding this course, the enrolment process, or any other aspect of your enrolment.
Other entry requirements apply.
ALTEC College conducts pre-enrolment needs analysis to best tailor the course and support services to all the candidates. A pre-enrolment interview may also be required. Information for student support, including LLND and learning support, can be found here.
To attain Diploma of Hospitality Management, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 28
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 - Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM0005 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances with budget
- SITXFIN004 - Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 - Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 - Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHKOP005 - Coordinate cooking operations
- BSBADM502 - Manage meetings
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- SITHPAT006 - Produce desserts
- SITHCCC014 - Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC008 - Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 - Prepare poultry dishes
- SITXCCS003 - Interact with customers
- SITHCCC007 - Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- BSBSUS401 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC006 - Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC013 - Prepare seafood dishes
International students: ALTEC College offers various intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
The intakes are also published in ALTEC College’s Academic Calendar.
Pathways into this qualification
Candidates may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.