SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
CRICOS CODE: 0101983
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
NOTE: Total fee that a student has to pay typically includes tuition and non-tuition fees. All applicable fees will be advised in writing, and agreed to, prior to enrolment. A current Fee Schedule is also provided on this website.
Tuition fees once agreed will not change for the duration of the course. Some of the fees (e.g. the Enrolment Fee above) may not be refundable. Refer to our Fee Refund Policy for information on refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding this course, the enrolment process, or any other aspect of your enrolment.
Other entry requirements apply.
ALTEC College conducts pre-enrolment needs analysis to best tailor the course and support services to all the candidates. A pre-enrolment interview may also be required. Information for student support, including LLND and learning support, can be found here.
To attain Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 33
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXGLC001 - Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS008 - Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXFIN004 - Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT002 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXFIN005 - Manage physical assets
- BSBFIM601 - Manage finances
- SITXHRM004 - Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 - Monitor staff performance
- SITXHRM007 - Develop and implement marketing strategies
- BSBMGT617 - Develop and implement a business plan
- SITXWHS004 - Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHKOP005 - Coordinate cooking operations
- SITXCOM005 - Manage conflict
- SITXHRM002 - Roster staff
- SITXWHS003 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXCCS007 - Enhance customer service experiences
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- BSBADM502 - Manage meetings
- SITXCCS003 - Interact with customers
- BSBSUS401 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITXCCS002 - Provide visitor information
- BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- SITTTSLS002 - Access and interpret product information
- BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBRSK501 - Manage risk
- BSBMKG401 - Profile the market
International students: ALTEC College offers various intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
The intakes are also published in ALTEC College’s Academic Calendar.
Pathways into this qualification
Candidates may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
*Standing credits may be obtained in a master’s program as per the enrolling institution’s relevant policies and rules.
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.