SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
CRICOS CODE: 109804C
This qualification reflects the role of cooks who use a wide range of well-developed cookery skills and sound knowledge of kitchen operations to prepare food and menu items. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
Completion of this qualification contributes to recognition as a trade cook.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
NOTE: Total fee that a student has to pay typically includes tuition and non-tuition fees. All applicable fees will be advised in writing, and agreed to, prior to enrolment. A current Fee Schedule is also provided on this website.
Tuition fees once agreed will not change for the duration of the course. Some of the fees (e.g. the Enrolment Fee above) may not be refundable. Refer to our Fee Refund Policy for information on refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding this course, the enrolment process, or any other aspect of your enrolment.
Other entry requirements apply.
ALTEC College conducts pre-enrolment needs analysis to best tailor the course and support services to all the candidates. A pre-enrolment interview may also be required. Information for student support, including LLND and learning support, can be found here.
To attain Certificate III in Commercial Cookery, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 25
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHCCC023 - Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC027 - Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC028 - Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC029 - Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC030 - Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC031 - Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
- SITHCCC035 - Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC036 - Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC037 - Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC041 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC042 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC043 - Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP009 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP010 - Plan and cost recipes
- SITHPAT016 - Produce desserts
- SITXFSA006 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM007 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV006 - Receive, store and maintain stock
- SITXWHS005 - Participate in safe work practices
- BSBSUS211 - Participate in sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC026 - Package prepared foodstuffs
- SITHCCC038 - Produce and serve food for buffets
- SITHCCC040 - Prepare and serve cheese
- SITXCOM007 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
International students: ALTEC College offers various intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
The intakes are also published in ALTEC College’s Academic Calendar.
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.