SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
CRICOS CODE: 1115508
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager.
The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
NOTE: Total fee that a student has to pay typically includes tuition and non-tuition fees. All applicable fees will be advised in writing, and agreed to, prior to enrolment. A current Fee Schedule is also provided on this website.
Tuition fees once agreed will not change for the duration of the course. Some of the fees (e.g. the Enrolment Fee above) may not be refundable. Refer to our Fee Refund Policy for information on refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding this course, the enrolment process, or any other aspect of your enrolment.
Other entry requirements apply.
ALTEC College conducts pre-enrolment needs analysis to best tailor the course and support services to all the candidates. A pre-enrolment interview may also be required. Information for student support, including LLND and learning support, can be found here.
To attain Diploma of Hospitality Management, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 28
- SITXCCS015 - Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS016 - Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM010 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN009 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN010 - Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC002 - Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law
- SITXHRM008 - Roster staff
- SITXHRM009 - Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT004 - Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT005 - Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS007 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- SITHCCC027 - Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC028 - Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC029 - Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC030 - Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC031 - Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
- SITHCCC035 - Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC036 - Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC037 - Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC041 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC042 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP010 - Plan and cost recipes
- SITHKOP013 - Plan cooking operations
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXINV007 - Purchase goods
- SITXINV008 - Control stock
International students: ALTEC College offers various intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
The intakes are also published in ALTEC College’s Academic Calendar.
Pathways into this qualification
Candidates may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.