SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management
CRICOS CODE: 109676F
This qualification reflects the role of chefs and cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards, and industry codes of practice.
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
NOTE: Total fee that a student has to pay typically includes tuition and non-tuition fees. All applicable fees will be advised in writing, and agreed to, prior to enrolment. A current Fee Schedule is also provided on this website.
Tuition fees once agreed will not change for the duration of the course. Some of the fees (e.g. the Enrolment Fee above) may not be refundable. Refer to our Fee Refund Policy for information on refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding this course, the enrolment process, or any other aspect of your enrolment.
Other entry requirements apply.
ALTEC College conducts pre-enrolment needs analysis to best tailor the course and support services to all the candidates. A pre-enrolment interview may also be required. Information for student support, including LLND and learning support, can be found here.
To attain Certificate IV in Kitchen Management, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 33
- SITHCCC023 - Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC027 - Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC028 - Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC029 - Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC030 - Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC031 - Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes
- SITHCCC035 - Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC036 - Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC037 - Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC041 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC042 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC043 - Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP010 - Plan and cost recipes
- SITHKOP012 - Develop recipes for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP013 - Plan cooking operations
- SITHKOP015 - Design and cost menus
- SITHPAT016 - Produce desserts
- SITXCOM010 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN009 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 - Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXFSA008 - Develop and implement a food safety program
- SITXHRM008 - Roster staff
- SITXHRM009 - Lead and manage people
- SITXINV006 - Receive, store and maintain stock
- SITXMGT004 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS007 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHCCC026 - Package prepared foodstuffs
- SITHCCC038 - Produce and serve food for buffets
- SITHCCC040 - Prepare and serve cheese
- SITHKOP009 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITXHRM007 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS005 - Participate in safe work practices
International students: ALTEC College offers various intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
The intakes are also published in ALTEC College’s Academic Calendar.
Pathways into this qualification
Candidates may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.