SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
CRICOS CODE: 093715F
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This program is aimed at learners wishing to develop a career in commercial cookery or pursue higher studies in the hospitality field. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook in various kitchen settings such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafés, cafeterias and coffee shops.
NOTE: Total fee that a student has to pay typically includes tuition and non-tuition fees. All applicable fees will be advised in writing, and agreed to, prior to enrolment. A current Fee Schedule is also provided on this website.
Tuition fees once agreed will not change for the duration of the course. Some of the fees (e.g. the Enrolment Fee above) may not be refundable. Refer to our Fee Refund Policy for information on refunds.
Contact us if you have any questions or queries regarding this course, the enrolment process, or any other aspect of your enrolment.
Other entry requirements apply.
ALTEC College conducts pre-enrolment needs analysis to best tailor the course and support services to all the candidates. A pre-enrolment interview may also be required. Information for student support, including LLND and learning support, can be found here.
To attain Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery, you will need to complete;
Total number of units = 33
- BSBDIV501 - Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 - Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 - Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 - Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 - Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 - Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 - Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 - Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 - Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 - Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 - Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020 - Work effectively as cook
SITHKOP001 - Clean Kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHKOP002 - Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHKOP004 - Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHPAT006 - Produce desserts
- SITHKOP005 - Coordinate cooking operations
- SITXCOM005 - Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 - Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 - Participate in Safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 - Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 - Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 - Maintain the quality of perishable items
- SITXMGT001 - Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 - Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXCOM002 - Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXINV004 - Control stock
- SITXWHS001 - Participate in safe work practices
- SITHKOP001 - Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- BSBWOR203 - Work effectively with others
- BSBSUS201 - Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHIND002 - Source and use information on the hospitality industry
International students: ALTEC College offers various intakes throughout the year. International students can enter the course at any of these intakes, subject to meeting entry requirements.
The intakes are also published in ALTEC College’s Academic Calendar.
Pathways into this qualification
Candidates may enter the qualification through a number of entry points including:
Pathways from this qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
Please Note: The pathways are not prerequisites; rather a reference point that can be utilised by ALTEC when determining the suitability for enrolment with prospective learners. For additional details please refer Entry Requirements.