Transport Concessions

You can travel on concession tickets if you are aged 16 years and under or carry an approved Victorian Concession Card.

To avail concession fares on Victorian transports, you must have a VPT Student Concession Card. You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Australia. Students with refugee status, students studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program, or students with an Australian Awards Scholarship are also eligible.

Unfortunately, you can’t get a VPT Student Concession Card if you’re:

  • Enrolled in a postgraduate course (degree courses)
  • An overseas full-fee paying student
  • Enrolled in a tertiary course which is less than 10 weeks duration
  • Enrolled in an apprenticeship course
  • Enrolled in an off-campus course
  • Not studying full time

You can apply for a Victorian Public Transport Student Concession Card or Student Pass by downloading and completing the 2016 Victorian Public Transport Student Concession Card and Student Pass Application Form.

ALTEC will provide the required college authorisation for concession based on the eligibility. Please submit the completed application form to the reception for institution declaration and stamp.

More information on student concession can be found on the Public Transport Victoria website.