COVID-19 Impact and Response
The outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) poses a major threat to the health and well-being of the global community and is a significant challenge for all. ALTEC College is monitoring the ongoing impact of COVID-19 and is taking appropriate action in line with advice from relevant government and health authorities. ALTEC College’s Senior Management Committee meets regularly to assess the latest information and put in place procedures to protect students, employees and the organisation. Our thoughts are with students and staff who are affected directly or indirectly by COVID-19 on a personal level, through family connections or business/employment impacts.
Health and Safety at ALTEC College Campuses
- Students visiting campuses are encouraged to sterilise their hands and be vigilant about the potential for transmission.
- We encourage our students, employees and guests to practise good respiratory hygiene, inclusive of covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, coughing into a flexed elbow, disposing of tissues and washing your hands rigorously (for at least 20 seconds) with soap or alcohol-based rubs.
- If you or any of your immediate family or household members have recently travelled through any of the high-risk regions, or have had contact with a person with suspected COVID-19, you should isolate yourself at home for 14 days. We encourage you to seek medical advice and in the interest of containing any potential risk to fellow members and staff, please do not attend any ALTEC College campus during this period.
- We are taking a number of precautionary measures for ALTEC College staff, including improving hygiene procedures in offices and enabling procedures to avoid non-essential public meetings.
Operations at ALTEC College Campuses
- ALTEC College will finish the current term one week earlier, i.e., by 22nd March 2020 and shall remain closed for all students from 23rdMarch 2020 to 12th April 2020
- During this period, phone and/or online contact can be made with the trainers or other support staff. If you have queries and wish to meet in person, please make prior arrangements.
- Harmony Day student event has been suspended.
- Student Orientation planned in Melbourne on 25th March 2020 will be delivered via email and phone.
- Student Orientation planned in Hobart on 26th March 2020 will be delivered via email and phone.
- Next term commencement date is 13th April 2020, and the students shall be informed in advance for any changes with the schedule.
- ALTEC College’s Support Staff will still be available during this period to be reached out via phone/email as below, unless otherwise communicated:
- Melbourne Campus (Head Office) : 03 9529 1783 OR +61 426 238 082 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hobart Campus : 03 6289 6258 OR +61 478 125 310 | email@example.com
ALTEC College is conscious of the potential for disruption to the students’ life as a result of COVID-19. ALTEC College will continue to monitor the situation and advise students of any future changes. In all our decisions, the health and well-being of students and staff will remain our priority.
Information for students
Temporary Change of Delivery Mode to Distance Delivery due to Coronavirus Impact
As you are all aware, the outbreak of Corona Virus has impacted us all and Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Australian Government and Government of Victoria have issued directives to deal with the pandemic. This has also impacted ALTEC College’s delivery plans and schedules for the upcoming academic term as the college premises remain under lock down. ALTEC College continues to follow the expert advice of the Australian Government, and ASQA in ensuring that students continue their studies and continue to progress in the current situation.
For your immediate information, please note as follows;
The wellbeing of our students, staff and the wider community remains our number one priority. With the current situation around Coronavirus (COVID-19), we understand these are uncertain and difficult times for all our students. Your assigned trainer(s) will be your first point of contact and will be delivering units as per the scheduled timetable. Timetables will be made available prior to commencement of the term. An individual training plan and relevant learning resources will also be provided via email. It is crucial that you keep checking your emails for any important information and/or updates. Students will also have the opportunity to ask any questions during Q & A sessions and request feedback on their assessment tasks. All students will be contacted with detailed instructions on how to access distance course delivery early next week. I want to assure you that we are working hard to implement these alternative arrangements to ensure our current students receive quality training and enable all our students to continue to access their training with minimal disruption.
ALTEC College has dedicated contact telephone numbers to respond to student queries.
For assistance, please contact the below:
Melbourne Campus : firstname.lastname@example.org I Call : (03) 9529 1783 or 0426 238 082
North Melbourne Training Kitchen Campus : email@example.com I Call : 0405 760 708
The following government resources are being updated regularly and we recommend you check them for the latest public information.
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Department of Health Tasmania
- DHHS COVID-19 self-assessment guidance
- Australian Government Department of Health
- Department of Home Affairs
- Social distancing information
- Self-isolation information
- The Victorian Government and Australian Government COVID-19 hotlines also offer 24/7 advice and information:
- 1800 675 398 (Victoria Department of Health and Human Services)
- 1800 020 080 (Australian Department of Health)