ALTEC College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
ALTEC College offers a vibrant and a multi-cultural work environment with a strong focus on staff development, collaborative work practices, value creation and an inclusive and collaborative organisational culture.
Our campuses boast modern infrastructure, latest technology, top educational facilities, resources and students services, that sets a new benchmark within the sector. Designed as a contemporary learning environment, the campuses offers a range of vocational programs in Business, Accounting, Management and Hospitality. With its new strategic partnerships in the higher education sector, we envisage new programs and courses that create innovative academic pathways and opportunities for our students.
We are committed to providing high quality education programs to our diverse domestic and international clientele.
For more information about the college and college’s programs, visit the ALTEC college’s courses section in this website.
A Selection Committee will consider all applications and shortlist candidates for interview who appear to meet the selection criteria at the highest levels. They will be invited to attend an interview and the remaining unsuccessful applicants will be notified accordingly.
The Selection Committee will subsequently seek referee reports, if not sought prior to interview, before making a decision to make an offer of appointment to the preferred candidate. A referee must be able to comment on your work experience, skills and performance with respect to the selection criteria. Referee checks conducted after the interview process can sometimes delay notification of the successful candidate and other interviewees.
If you are the preferred candidate, you will receive a written offer of appointment to the position.
Do not take any action, such as resigning from your current position, before you receive a written offer of appointment.
All applications must accompany;
- Cover letter
- Most recent resume with referee details
- Statement addressing how each of the selection criteria has been met
Applications are to be sent to:
The HR Manager
Level 5, 601 Bourke St
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Or by email: email@example.com
Specific application requirements and procedure, including the closing date, will be as per the published advertisement for the position.
Vocational Trainers – Commercial Cookery / Hospitality
PASS GLOBAL Pty Ltd trading as ALTEC College is a Registered Training Organisation offering an extensive range of nationally accredited courses from Certificate to Diplomas. ALTEC College trains in a wide range of disciplines including Information Technology, Business, Leadership & Management, Marketing & Communication, Accounting & Finance, Cookery & Hospitality and English language.
We are currently seeking to appoint Sessional Vocational Trainers for our Melbourne CBD Campus. These are contractual positions responsible for delivery of efficient, engaging and effective training to currently enrolled VET students.
Commercial Cookery / Hospitality
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following proficiencies:
- Delivery and assessment of units of competence for the Certificate and Diploma level qualifications;
- Assess students enrolled in the qualification as per the Learning and Assessment Strategy;
- Ensure compliance with AQF requirements within your job role;
- Competent knowledge of ASQA compliance and other applicable standards and legislation;
- Comply with all relevant legislation and company policies;
- Excellent skills in MS suite of computer software (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word);
- Personal qualities which foster a high level of achievement in students;
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate that you have the following essential qualifications and attributes:
- A passion for VET training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 or equivalent)
- Relevant degree and/or Vocational currency in your area of expertise
- Minimum 3 years of Australian industry-based experience
- Capacity to relate well with students and peers at all levels
- Excellent presentation, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise work and follow procedures and processes
- Attention to detail and work accurately under pressure
- Demonstrated ability in working co-operatively and effectively as a member of a team
To apply for this position, please send your resume, addressing the essential requirements for the position, plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No Agencies.
ALTEC College is an equal opportunity employer