The agents are first point of contact between ALTEC College and prospective students of ALTEC College and therefore the college puts a great emphasis on ethical, legal and honest conduct of its agents. ALTEC College employs a rigorous process in agent selection and ensures that its quality principles and objectives are met in dealing with education agents.
ALTEC College requires its agents to;
- Have appropriate knowledge and understanding of the international education system in Australia, including the Australian International Education and Training Agent Code of Ethics; and
- Act honestly and in good faith, and in the best interests of the student; and
- Observe appropriate levels of confidentiality and transparency in their dealingswith overseas students or intending overseas students; and
- Declare in writing and take reasonable steps to avoid conflicts of interests with its duties as an education agent of the registered provider
All approved agents/agencies are placed on ALTEC College’s List of Approved Agents.
Agency Application Process
Process for becoming and continuing as an ALTEC College agency includes;
- Application to be an ALTEC College Authorised Agent, including two current referees and the required supporting documents
- Referee check and initial assessment by ALTEC College
- Initial meeting/phone discussion to ensure clear agreement on ethical and quality principles and regulatory requirements
- Signing of an Agency Agreement
- Dispatching of an Agency Information Pack to familiarise the new agent with ALTEC College’s key and relevant policies, procedures and quality assurance requirements
- Agent/Agency training session (online video conference for off-shore agents)
ALTEC College monitors performance and conduct of all the appointed agents. Agreements are offerred only on an yearly basis and a yearly quality review conducted before renewing an agreement.
ALTEC College expects all its agents to act in the manner consistent with legislative and regulatory requirements and comply with college’s Marketing of New Courses Policy and Procedure.
ALTEC College will immediately suspend or cancel the agency agreement and all student recruitment activities with an agent if it becomes aware of an education agent being negligent, careless or incompetent or being engaged in false, misleading or unethical advertising and recruitment practices, including practices that could harm the integrity of Australian education and training.
Apply using our – Agency Application Form – and submit to;
If you wish to make an enquiry, please contact us to arrange a phone call or a face-to-face meeting with our Marketing Manager.