COVID-19 Impact and ResponseThe outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) poses a major threat to the health and well-being of the global community and is a significant challenge for all. ALTEC College is monitoring the ongoing impact of COVID-19 and is taking appropriate action in line with advice from relevant government and health authorities. ALTEC College’s Senior Management Committee meets regularly to assess the latest information and put in place procedures to protect students, employees and the organisation. Our thoughts are with students and staff who are affected directly or indirectly by COVID-19 on a personal level, through family connections or business/employment impacts.
Health and Safety at ALTEC College Campuses
- Students visiting campuses are encouraged to sterilise their hands and be vigilant about the potential for transmission.
- We encourage our students, employees and guests to practise good respiratory hygiene, inclusive of covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, coughing into a flexed elbow, disposing of tissues and washing your hands rigorously (for at least 20 seconds) with soap or alcohol-based rubs.
- If you or any of your immediate family or household members have recently travelled through any of the high-risk regions, or have had contact with a person with suspected COVID-19, you should isolate yourself at home for 14 days. We encourage you to seek medical advice and in the interest of containing any potential risk to fellow members and staff, please do not attend any ALTEC College campus during this period.
- We are taking a number of precautionary measures for ALTEC College staff, including improving hygiene procedures in offices and enabling procedures to avoid non-essential public meetings.
Operations at ALTEC College Campuses
- ALTEC College will finish the current term one week earlier, i.e., by 22nd March 2020 and shall remain closed for all students from 23rdMarch 2020 to 12th April 2020
- During this period, phone and/or online contact can be made with the trainers or other support staff. If you have queries and wish to meet in person, please make prior arrangements.
- Harmony Day student event has been suspended.
- Student Orientation planned in Melbourne on 25th March 2020 will be delivered via email and phone.
- Student Orientation planned in Hobart on 26th March 2020 will be delivered via email and phone.
- Next term commencement date is 13th April 2020, and the students shall be informed in advance for any changes with the schedule.
- ALTEC College’s Support Staff will still be available during this period to be reached out via phone/email as below, unless otherwise communicated: