ALTEC College supports mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being of students.
ALTEC College is committed to fostering an environment, in which each student feels safe and supported, and contributes in a positive manner to the college community. ALTEC achieves this by;
- Developing and implementing a Health and Safety Policy
- Developing and implementing policies on procedure to prevent and deal with any form of discrimination, harassment, or vilification of college employees and students
- Upholding the Student Code of conduct
- Appointing an OHS representative
- Appointing a student supportofficer to address welfare related services
- Providing referrals to external counselling services to students to deal with issues that are not within college’s expertise, scope, or authority
- Keeping students abreast of any general security issues or concerns (relevant to international students in particular) as observed in media, or government announcements; and providing relevant information as appropriate
ALTEC College strives to create a working and learning environment which is free from any form of harassment, and where all the members of the college community are treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. ALTEC College considers any form of harassment an unacceptable form of behaviour, which will not be tolerated under any circumstances and disciplinary action will be taken against any staff member, contractor or student who breaches the college policies and codes.
If you have any concern about yourself or a fellow student, please contact the Campus Manager immediate by reporting to the front desk or by phone or email or as per the Contact details on this website.
View ALTEC College’s Student Support services for information on personal and learning support services.
Information on student safety can be viewed here.